Sunday, August 24, 2008

We're Alive!!

I know that I haven't updated my blog in ages, but no worries, we are still alive. There is way too much to catch up on so I am just going to pretend that July and August never happened (for now anyway).

Paige and I just took a trip to Utah to visit Casey. He has been working this month at the ER at the University of Utah. My parents have a condo right next to Temple Square in Salt Lake City so we stayed there. We had a lot of fun. Casey only had to work three shifts while I was there which was nice because we were able to spend quite a bit of time together. Here are some pics from our trip.
My parents have been at the MTC for the past couple weeks so they came up on Thursday and babysat Paige while we went out and on Friday we were able to go to the Temple. They left Friday morning for thier mission in San Jose, CA. This is the view from the street where we stayed. You can see the temple from the window at the condo where we stayed...so pretty.
We went for a walk along a trail next to a creek. Paige was practically crawling out of her stroller trying to see the running water. It was a new sight for her.

We went hiking one day-apparently it was naptime. Paige fell asleep while we were still hiking.

Here is Paige and her second cousin Paje. She was born exactly a month after our Paige. Ours is definitely more chubby...no question there.
It was a great trip. We sure do miss Casey a lot and we can't wait for him to come home. This single mom gig got old weeks ago. I don't know how all those military wives in our ward deal with thier husbands being gone. Yuck!!!






7 comments:

Sandra Nixon said...

I loved your pics! How fun to stay right by the temple, it is so beautiful up there. Doing the single mom thing is lame isn't it? Glad he will be home soon!

McKell and John said...

Tam! First of all, I just have to tell you that motherhood has made you beautiful. Sometimes it makes people look older and yuck..like me but you have gotten prettier. Seriously, glowing and gorgeous!
Second of all, where do you get your hair bows for Paige? I love them and can't find cute ones like that anywhere! Good luck with the single mom-ness, it definitely bites!

Haley said...

Hi Tamra! I just saw your little comment on Carrie's blog. I don't even know how I came across your blog - I guess I was just feeling nosy and just kept clicking and clicking on random people's blog links and landed on you. I would have wrote you earlier, but I thought that I had to have special "blog permission" to do so. Anyway, your baby is beautiful and you look great :)

Macey said...

Paige is sure getting bigger and is so cute! Looks like a great vacation-hope Case is doing well.

Jana and Brett said...

What the heck! You were up here?! I totally live ON the U of U campus!!! We've lived here for 4 years...sad I missed ya.

The Malone Family said...

I definitely agree on the single mom thing...I'm experiencing that this month. Gets old real quick! All the picture were really great especially your single mom pictures w/ Paige at the park. :)

The Allen's said...

Tamra Balls!! don't know if you remember me but you taught me to make a perfect ice cream cone at the beloved dairy queen... plus we also had some good laughs in seminary together. anyways just thought i would say hey cause I wonder about you sometimes and then here you were. your baby is adorable. and it was good to find you.hope you dont mind me adding you to my list or I may never find you again:). Kelyn (kivett) Allen