Saturday, September 26, 2009

Oh Baby!!

I guess it is time for my monthly update. We are patiently and sometimes not-so-patiently waiting for baby boy crandell to join the world. I am HUGE and those of you that have weak stomachs should not look at the following posts for fear that the pics will frighten you. My due date is 12 days away and my doc claims that the baby could come any day. I am dilated 2cm and 50% effaced, which I think means nothing, but we’ll see. Instead of spending time resting and keeping my house clean, I have been doing all sorts of unimportant things to keep me busy. I finished the baby bedding (it still needs some finishing touches) and I’ll finish the room later. I’m making Paige a new quilt too, but I got sick of sewing so I’ll do that later. I decorated my bathroom, and most recently I painted my basement.

Paige is suddenly on a mommy kick. She thinks that I need to do everything for her and needs me to be around all the time. This could pose a bit of a problem when I go to the hospital. She thinks that her baby brother is her baby doll- which is actually kind of creepy looking. Little does she know, her real baby bro will be joining us shortly.

Casey is doing well. He works a lot, which we clearly expected. He’s been working nights this last week so that is a little more complicated. When he sleeps during the day, Paige sneaks into the bedroom, says hello and then runs out saying, shhh, daddy sleeping. It’s pretty funny.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Kisha Atkin said...

Can't wait for that boy to come so i can finally see him! Thinking of you! And yes, kids ARE so fun!

Sara Adams said...

I think that last month is killer...especially when you have already started dialating. I was in the same postion as you, for Kyra..and my doctor, told me that it could be any day...which was great, except it was another 5 weeks! I hope your little guys come sooner than that! Good luck!!

Niki said...

Hang in there! Not much longer now! I can't wait to see pictures!