Saturday, September 26, 2009

Our little (tom)boy

While we have yet to welcome our baby boy into our home, we have found a new love for trains and dinosaurs. Paige has a couple friends that have shown her their trains, and we found a couple dinosaur books at a garage sale a few weeks ago. Not only this – she has shown her love for cars. You can see her below taking after her grandpa's car skills while ‘fixing’ her Little Mermaid Car. She loves this thing. She got it for her 1st birthday and still plays with it all the time. It is now what we take on walks – who needs a stroller when you can push a car around the block. As I was loading this pic, I realized it was taken a couple minutes after her and the car fell down the stairs. I have no idea what she was doing - I just caught a glimpse of her falling down the last four steps and face planting it on the tile. I thought I was going to find a bloody mess, but she was ok. And if you put new batteries in the car, it cures all problems. Here is more of her adventurous side. She jumps off everything she can climb on. I know one day I will find her jumping off the kitchen counters.

She has no fear and is a pretty tough little girl. She takes some pretty intense falls and gets up like nothing is wrong, which is great except when she has blood running down her leg. How am I supposed to know that she is hurt if she doesn’t get upset.

No comments: