Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A day in the life of Paige (and Tamra)

We have been working on getting a good routine going. It has not been very successful considering that my baby does not sleep. Don't get me wrong, she sleeps the whole night, but she does not believe in sleeping during the day. If she does sleep, it is for the shortest amounts of time imaginable. Seriously, I always joke because if she falls asleep and then wakes up 10 minutes later, I consider that to be her morning nap - I'm lucky if I get a similar one in the afternoon. So to remedy the sleep issue, I try my best to make her sleep in with me. Casey has been getting up for work around 5am, very close to the time that Paige gets up...so I just bring her in to keep me company. Here she is in my bed (not sleeping, obviously.)
The remainder of her day consists of...


Sitting:Eating: would you call that a milk mustache? more likely a milk beard!!

Playing with Elizabeth (although it does not always consist of sucking on each others toes):
Dinner time: The only way we can eat dinner uninterrupted is if she is sitting on the table with us. I am sure that this will not work forever, but for the time being, it allows us to eat in peace.

Bath time:

And on Sundays, reading the paper with Daddy to find some "hot deals":

All this equals one happy girl (don't mind the slobber):

3 comments:

rindy said...

Tam...
YAY! so glad that you joined us in the blogging world! i can't believe how BIG Paige is! She is so dang cute. you guys did a good job. :-) i LOVE her ears and her smile is adorable. glad you are enjoying being a mom!

Porter and Karla said...

oh i love the post. about time her bff was talked about, ha ha. did she have a beanie on when looking at the paper for red hot deals? i havn't seen that one. so glad you blog, it feels like we are still hanging out and its 11:28pm ha ha. needy karla.

The Malone Family said...

Bummer about her not ever sleeping during the day for you but I guess you can't complain too much if she's happy. She sure is a cutie and getting bigger every day. Love the cute pictures!