Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Funeral

Yesterday we were able to attend the funeral of my precious niece Jessica Lichele Stone. We postponed our move to Michigan in order to attend and it was definitely worth it. It was such a special service. She was born prematurely in February and sadly passed away last week. They had a beautiful display of her pictures and some of her tiny belongings. Both my sister and her husband spoke at the funeral after realizing that they were the only ones who really knew sweet little Jessica. They are so strong and have such wonderful testimonies. I love them so much. It was great to be reminded of our Heavenly Father’s plan for eternal families and we know that we will be able to see Jessica once again.

3 comments:

TrishAnderson said...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your niece. Glad you were able to attend the funeral.

Niki said...

That is just so terribly sad. I too, am glad that you were able to attend the funeral and honor her and support your family...

Adrian said...

My heart goes out to your sister who wanted a little girl so so bad! I remember you telling me all of her complications right after my little girl was born. I'm so sad to hear she didn't make it. That's great you were able to be there for the funeral!