Sunday, May 31, 2009

The House/Packing

We were supposed to close on our Tucson house on May 11 so we packed up and moved out and sent our stuff to Michigan where it was arranged to be stored until we got there at the end of May. We went from this...
To this...
To this...
Paige wanted to help with the packing too:
Here is Casey locking up for the last time
And me... ...driving... ...away!!!

However, after some major complications - clearly due to the stupid foreclosures in our neighborhood (and everywhere else for that matter) the appraisal came in too low are we are not able to sell. Total bummer, but we hired a property management company to find renters and take care of it whilst we are away and we are just hoping for the best.

3 comments:

TrishAnderson said...

Oh, I had no idea that it didn't sell. Good luck with the rental. I am sure it will work out just fine.

Niki said...

I am sorry about the closing falling through. I think a management company is a good idea, especially with you guys being so far away. I will keep my fingers crossed that it all works out :)

Adrian said...

Bummer that your house didn't sell! Last I talked to you it was going through! Hope it all works out!